- Graduate Degrees
- B.Sc. Information Security & Digital Forensics
B.Sc. Information Security & Digital Forensics
The Center of Excellence in Digital Forensics (CoEDF) offers B.Sc. Information Security & Digital Forensics course in collaboration with Bharathiar University, Coimbatore.
The course will be offered through the Department of Computer Science and Engineering of Bharathiar University.
Click here for additional information about Bharathiar University.
The curriculum focuses on:
- Cyber crime frauds
- Computer Forensics
- Network Security
- Information Security
- Web Security
- Malware Security
- Database Security
- General Forensic Science
- Ethical hacking
- Cyber Crime and Cyber Law
- Biometric Security
- Vigilance and Security Management
- Mobile Computing
- Computer Forensics Investigation
- Cloud Computing
- Intellectual Property Rights
Center of Excellence in Digital Forensics (CoEDF) has followed the semester cum choice based credit System (PG level - 2 years).
Eligibility & Admission Procedure
Direct entry after +2
The admissions are made strictly based on the above eligibility criteria.
- Application forms can be obtained on payment of Rs 100/- for Graduate course.
- The serial number on the Application form should be quoted for any reference. The Registration Slips/ Cards must be kept safely
- A self-addressed post cover with Rs.5 stamp should be enclosed along with application.
- Registration of an application does not guarantee admission.
- Application forms without marks will not be entertained.
- Interview cards are sent by post at the risk of applicants. Receipt of an interview card does not guarantee admission.
- Admission is subject to confirmation after personal interview.
While coming for the interview the candidate should bring the following original certificates.
- The selection intimation Card.
- Mark sheets/Grades/Degree or Provisional certificate.
- Transfer Certificate.
- Conduct Certificate from the Head of the last Institution.
- Community Certificate (BC/MBC/SC/ST)
- Migration Certificate.
- Candidates who have passed examinations other than Tamil Nadu Higher Secondary Board, Central Board and All India Board should obtain necessary Eligibility Certificate.
- Admission is subject to verification of Mark Certificate by the director of Government Examinations and if the mark certificate is found to be bogus, admission is liable for cancellation, besides criminal action being taken.
- Candidates are directed to take sufficient number of the attested copies of all certificates before joining the college. On no account the certificates will be given back after submission to the office.
- Candidates finally selected in the interview will be admitted on payment of the prescribed fees after which their names will be entered in the rolls of the college. Fees once paid will not be refunded at any cost.
Students should produce all the original certificates for verification at the time of interview.
Note: In case of student discontinuing in the middle of the year he/she has to pay that particular semester fees to collect the transfer certificate.
At the end of each semester, the University conducts regular examinations for the graduate programme.
The students who have earned 75 percent of the attendance in each semester are permitted to appear for the University examinations.
To qualify for a pass, a student should secure minimum 50% marks in the examination.
In case, the difference between the marks awarded in the first and the second evaluation exceeds 14 marks,
then the paper will be referred to a third examiner. The examination wing is fully computerized to maintain confidentiality and ensure quick services.
More than 100 titles with collections of 500 books and periodicals are available.
Digital referral facilities and latest teaching techniques using audio visual aids are also available.
Note for Students
- Possession of camera cell is strictly prohibited in the campus. Use of cell phones inside class room/ corridor is strictly forbidden
- The use of alcohol and drugs will cause dismissal from the college
- Smoking is strictly banned in the college and hostel premises
- Ragging is totally banned in the college premises and punishable according to the order of the government of Tamil Nadu